1. #1 started swim team this week. He has been ravenously hungry at dinner... send food!
2. Some kid asked him about swim team yesterday. The kid was trying to razz him about being a swimmer. #1 said, "Nah... it's all about the hot chicks that do swim team. You don't know what you are missing." That set the fellow on his ear...
3. #1 needs a health form for swim team. I turned one into the school for marching band. You'd think that one form for the school would be plenty. Alas... it is not. I spent 45 min. at the Doc's office waiting for a form. The one I got is unacceptable, but will have do until I get the correct one...
4. LLB joined the yearbook staff. Today is the first meeting. She had to create a page as an "audition". I never knew you had to "try out" for yearbook!
5. Report cards came home this week. A 4.0 for both children makes this mommy very happy. They both work very hard - they earn each and every A they get.
6. My sister and her husband just purchased a new condo! They have decided to be city dwellers. She sent me some pictures and the place is gorgeous.
7. The temperature outside is dropping.. I just put a fire in my fireplace. It will by cozy in here really soon! If you need me, I'll be curled up on the couch. I think a nap might be in order... I may have been a cat in a previous life...
8. I'm off to the Youth Handbell Festival this weekend. I'm not a Youth, but I get to go anyway - because I'm a volunteer. I think I'd rather be a youth.
9. That leaves Mr. doing chauffeur duty this weekend. :-)
10. The children have cotillion and Nutcracker rehearsal on Saturday.
11. I have a ton of things to do before I leave tomorrow morning - including laundry, dishes and toilets... I may not be curled up on that couch for very long...
12. We went to see the Air Force Band the other night. LLB, the Grandbugs and I went. #1 had too much homework and Mr. was on travel. They missed a terrific show! The only thing that bothers me about the AF guys is they always wear floods. What is with the short pants? I don't want to see their ankles when they stand up. I don't want to see their calves when they sit down. They always look like a bunch of geeks!!! Someone has got to tell them... Oh - actually, I did. I wrote them an email... I wonder if I will hear from them? You never see Navy or Marines in floods!
13. I'm off to pack my suitcase for the Youth Festival. Don't miss me too much!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants