Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Meme

I saw this terrific meme over at Hootin' Anni's

1. Christmas is _______________. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD]
My all time favorite holiday. There is no better time of year.

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past?
Opening my stocking with my little sister before the parents got up. We used to sit on one of our beds and open the stockings together. We would whisper and compare and just have a wonderful time. I hope we can do that this year...

3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what]
Santa is always good to me.

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both?
Okay, let's get this straight. Presents get opened on Christmas day in pajamas. There is no going out for coffee. There is no opening presents at midnight. There are no showers to be had until every last gift is open. Got it?! Good!

5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe]
Gingerbread houses

6. What is your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns?
This is so hard... I like almost every Christmas song. It would be easier to write the ones I hate... But here are today's favorites. This list is subject to change at any moment.

Dominic the Donkey
Snoopy and the Red Baron
Silent Night
Walking in a winter wonderland
Santa Claus is coming to town - I sing this to my children every time they act up. :-)


7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days?
Shopping with my mom on Black Friday. When the kids were little, we were always out for a specific toy. Now we are out for the bargain!!

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country]
We try not to go anywhere at Christmas. We keep the children home.

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day?
Ummm... do pajamas count?

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap?
Of course!!! I've even seen the big guy... Yup. That makes me wicked special.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year?
All my special ornaments - and hopefully NOT a kitten. (I was going to post a picture, but booger won't let me.)

12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas?
No. I'm a minimalist. We put candles in the windows and the little trees with white lights by the door, but that's it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fun! Sounds like you have a great Christmas! I'm starting to slowly get in the mood!

Clearlykels said...

and I get to see all of your decorations tonight!!!! I love Christmas too. So much!

craziequeen said...

Here in England we are nowhere near Christmas yet.....

We're nervous that Number 11 will be Charlie again - destroying the tree nightly for the third year in a row....

little bear has a name now, honey :-)

cq