Monday, August 17, 2009

Has it really been a week?

I can't believe it's been that long since I posted anything out here. I'm slacking!

Time sure does fly when I'm busy with the kids!
Last week it was band camp.
They were at school from 8am to 8pm. Fortunately, I didn't have to stay the whole time - but I did have my own uniform drama - which is almost over. I have a few more kids to fit and then I'm done!

The kids worked very hard all week - they marched, they played, they laughed, they even had time for some fun! They even learned the whole show!!! This is huge! They are way ahead of where they were last year and years past.

I took pictures - lots of pictures. It was my LLB's first high school band camp... And she LOVED it! She plays trumpet and is the only freshman as well as the only girl. Those trumpet boys really like her - she's tough, she can play, and the fact that she knows what she's doing makes an impression. This kid doesn't need to be babied, that's for sure!

The trumpets needed t-shirts. I made this one for them:
and purchased this one (after trips to 4 different Wallyworlds):
Kids who play trumpet have an attitude or an air... The shirts definitely accentuated that attitude!

#1 had a great week as well - but fortunately, the woodwinds have their act together and didn't need me to do their t-shirts... :-)

They have rehearsal tonight... If you need me, I'll be in the uniform room - buried under piles and piles of red and gray.

No comments: