Saturday, August 29, 2009

Life is good...

The windows are in.
They are lovely and as Mr. says, they make our house look like a home. Our other windows were in such sorry shape that they made our house look "unloved", "cheap", and "shoddy". Our little house is starting to look more sturdy, and when we came up the driveway (after midnight) last night, it looked a whole lot nicer!

Last night was the first football game of the year. It was LLB's first football game as a member of the marching band and #1's first as a Junior. I didn't get a picture of the two of them in their uniforms, but I have a whole season to get a few of those. She enjoyed every minute - playing on the field and in the stands, eating dinner with her friends before hand, and partying afterwords at the local pancake house. On the way home, she chattered on about how much fun she had and that she is really glad that she is in the band. (It is so cool!!)

My favorite anecdote from last night is this one:
I'm a uniform mom. My dear friend R is my right hand person. We hand out uniforms. We get them cleaned. We make sure they are all put away correctly. That's it.
One freshman boy came upstairs after he was dressed and said, "They told me to come up here so you could fix my hair."
"Mr. Freshman, Do I look like I do hair? (My hair was in a questionable ponytail.) You'll have to ask your section leader if there are any mothers doing hair. (His section leader is my #1.) I do uniforms, I don't do hair."
"But, they told me to come up here."
"They lied."
"My hair is too long in the back. It has to be above my collar. What am I going to do?"
My dear friend R replied, "We can cut it off."
He left... quickly...
I hope we didn't scar him for life...

For me, one of the best parts of the evening was seeing the many different band parents come out of the woodwork to help us. It's nice to have an active group that wants to help... It sure beats the STP (same ten people) we've had in the past. It's a new era and it is good.

No comments: