Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Drenched!

Today is Wednesday. I spend Wednesdays in town running errands, grocery shopping, going to prayer shawl and more depending on the schedule. 

Today when I got ready to head to town, I loaded up the trash and recycling, made a list of places I needed to go and checked things I needed to get done. It wasn’t raining when I left… it was supposed to rain today. Yes, rain - not pour buckets. 

I headed south towards town and the sky brightened. I went to the UPS store. I did my quick run in and out. It started to sprinkle as I headed to get my shingles shot and got a little worse on the way to my porch pickup. After that, I headed to the dump. I watched the dark clouds roll in as I drove. By the time I got there, it was actually raining. I quickly dumped the household trash and headed to the recycling. The rain came down harder. I pulled up in front of the cardboard recycling. I opened the tailgate… the wind whipped up, and the rain came down… harder…I scooted into the cardboard container… as I exited, the sky opened up and poured sheets of water. Yes, on me. I looked and felt like a drowned rat. I promptly finished dumping the rest of the recycling and jumped back into the car… which was now almost as soggy inside and out as I was. Because I had to do the grocery shopping, I didn’t just throw my hands up and head home. I went to Walmart. My shoes squished. My pants were dripping. My hair looked like I’d just come out of the shower. Wet? Why yes, yes I was! Soaked thru! I was most attractive. The only saving Grace was that most of the other shoppers looked just like I did! Misery loves company!

I did the shopping, purchased a pair of shorts and a shirt, and headed for the car. I changed out of my pants and into the shorts in the car. Please note that the drivers side floor was a puddle… fortunately, my feet were already wet, so it wasn’t too shocking when I put my feet down… ok.. it was. 😏 I decided to change the rest at church. So when I arrived at prayer shawl, I changed my top in the bathroom. 

Upon arrival at home, I did yet another load of laundry - my clothes were still soggy and the hamper was pretty full. Fun times, I tell you! The bonus - my car is clean, the laundry is done, and my hair is really soft!

No comments: