Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday?

How did it get to be Tuesday?
Wow! I sure could use a couple more Sundays in there to recuperate!

The trip to Hershey was really fun!
LLB and Gram and I had a wonderful time. We rode some rides, saw some shows, walked about 10 miles, and generally enjoyed ourselves.

The only part of the trip that really took it's toll was the bus ride. It was 3 hours each way. The first hour we watched "Miss Calamity at the Car Wash" on TV. Little did we know that our bus driver was going to turn into Mr. Calamity.

Our driver was a moron.
He must have thought he was driving a subcompact instead of a huge charter bus. On the highway, he would practically ride up onto the guy in front of him before he would try to pass. Once we were off the highway, he was an absolute nightmare! He almost rear ended a car and hit a phone pole - all in one stop sign. He stopped short about a thousand times. He didn't pay attention and if the light was yellow, we had to tell him or he'd go through the red. It was a frightening trip to say the least. On the way home, I had to talk to him for the last half hour to keep him awake. THAT is scary. The man is driving a bus filled with kids. Our kids... And he looks like he might be nodding off. Yikes! It's a good thing I can yap about anything. He thanked me when we got back to school. I'm sorry, but that's just not good enough if you ask me.

I'm going to email the company today. I've ridden a lot of charter buses in the past year and not one of them had a driver like that. Besides, I certainly don't want to be on the road with that guy. I'd much rather be in the car wash with Miss Calamity, thankyouverymuch!

No comments: