1. Remembering the real reason for Christmas - Baby Jesus' birthday. We do our advent wreath as a family every Sunday before bed. It is a peaceful time.
2. Spending time with family - I like to spend time with my grandparents and my parents. We have fun telling stories, reading books, and just hanging out.
3. Eating all the yummy foods we don't usually make - I love all kinds of munchies and my Gram makes the best munchies!
4. Presents - getting and giving
5. Being in the pageant - I was an angel again this year, but it was still fun.
6. Playing the trumpet at church - I am learning my music and will be ready to play on Christmas Eve.
7. Reading my favorite Christmas books - We have a huge basket filled with our Christmas books. I like to sit on our comfy couch and read them.
8. Stockings - hanging and opening them to find all sorts of treats
9. Christmas music - We listen to the all Christmas radio station starting the day after Thanksgiving. By the time Christmas gets here we know every word to every song! We love to sing along. We also like to play Christmas music on our piano. Little LadyBug enjoys the 12 Days of Christmas and #1 Son's favorite is Carol of the Bells.
10. School vacation - No explanation needed
11. Parties with friends - we usually visit many people during the season. We get to spend time and have fun.
12. Advent calendar - I get to open a little box on the calendar every day. Each little gift makes a part of a scene. When Christmas Eve arrives, the scene is complete. We use the same one every year, but I can never remember what's in each box.
So, every year it is a surprise!
13. Making and leaving cookies for the Big Guy - I hope I can get Mommy off her butt - Christmas Eve is almost here and we still haven't made the cookies! We need to make the cookies so we can eat the rejects!!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants