Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things LadyBug Is Thinking About Today


1 I think Zeb is the smartest dog on the planet. He hasn't made a deposit in the house and he totally gets us.

2 The floors are done. The fumes have dissipated. I'm still relatively sane.

3 The chimney will be finished today.

4 LLB and #1 Son are off to a free - yes FREE - nature camp next week.

5 My ebay sales have gone really well.

6 Because of that, LLB will be receiving the clothing she wants for school this year.

7 The girl who said she'd never wear Hanna Andersson again has a full cart waiting to be paid for.

8 I just happened to pop over to their website and saw some cute things. I called LLB over to see if she liked anything. Hah! She did!

9 #1 Son is doing his back to school shopping in October. He wants to wait and see what the guys are wearing this year. Does he really think that they are going to deviate that far from jeans and a t-shirt? He will be doing his shopping at Lands End. I have some gift certificates he can use. He has perused the site and the catalog, but... he's just not ready to commit. (Can you see me rolling my eyes?)

11 The males in my home have conspired against me. Despite Grandpa Bug's football horror stories, nightly viewings of Discovery Channel ER Stories, and my disapproval #1 Son is going to try out for football.

12 "Mum, it's only middle school football. They don't allow hard tackles." Yyyyah... Right! What am I, stupid? (Are you all feeling my annoyance and my disgust?)

12 I am NOT happy. I told Mr. Bug that he was on his own. He has to get the physical, get the cleats, go to equipment night, and take the boy to tryouts. I will be home praying that he doesn't make the team. I expect y'all to help me out with that, k?

13 What am I going to do if he makes the team? Go, take pictures for the scrapbook, and cheer, I guess... Lets just pray he totally blows it and doesn't make this stupid team!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



18 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I know that game is quite rough but at least he's interested in sports.
My TT13 is up too.

Tink said...

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it! I hope everything works out in the best way possible.

MaR said...

Your wish was nr. 13 of the list...uh,oh, not that I am superstitious, but...let us know about the try out! a yellow VW bug? so there have always been bugs in your life, what fun! Happy TT :)

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love it when ebay goes good - I find myself watching it end everyday and hoping it goes up just a little more....hehe (from a sellers point of view of course)

Glad you no longer have a contact high from the fumes...

I played too....

Trish Ess said...

Not *everyone* gets hurt in football. My son was completely anti-sport.. he's getting a little better, but still not enough real activity in his life. At least your son is active. :)

Happy TT! Mine are up.

Lazy Daisy said...

You're so cute. My kids played soccer. No tackling but no heavy padding when they got kicked either. Both of you will survive!

Kimmy said...

Can't "commit" to clothing... that cracked me up!
I'm praying he doesn't make the team. Actually... I'm selfishly praying that so when it's Jacob's turn in a few years I'm hoping you'll return the favor ;)
Why can't our kids just join the swim team like we did, huh? ;)
Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

Boys are so much easier to buy for (clothing wise) than girls. At least mine is. I don't get anything for my 13 year old dd unless she is right there with me.

Domestic CEO said...

My DH was both a wrestler and football player - I know he's going to want the boys to try these sports. I don't know what I'm going to do when they're old enough!

Melzie said...

LOL- I so hope my son does football-- my horror was he wanted to do wrestling- UGH! Seems like we had the same thinking going on for our lists. :) When are tryouts?

Dane Bramage said...

Hey! HEY! Sports is great for guys! And football is one of the best. It builds character. I played football and I'm nearly over the brain damage. :-)

It really won't be that bad. Thanks for stopping by my T13.

Leanne said...

I am so glad that we are doing uniforms this year for school, it is saving us a ton of money! Not that tuition is saving us any money - but not having to drop a bucketload on clothes makes it more bearable!

Yikes on the football - but I hope he enjoys trying out, it will be a fun experience for him!

Renee Nefe said...

I can't pray that he won't make the team...but I can pray for God's will. K?

Meira{FB} said...

I'll be school shopping all weekend for the child.

Happy TT

Lynn said...

I talked my DS (almost 13) into running cross country this year...he wanted to do football but I hope he waits until high school! Hope it works out.

My TT is up!

Frances D said...

Glad your ebay sales worked out.
You are a creative budgeter.
Wishing you the best.
Frances

Kendra said...

Oooo I don't think I could let mine try out for football (when he gets old enough). I feel for you. But lots of kids play football and don't get too hurt. Good Luck!

Happy Thursday!

Raggedy said...

Great list!
I am glad things are going well for you.
My son played footy last year he isn't playing this year...
Happy Thursday...
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huge huggles
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

My TT is up