Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I got a rock!

I got a rock for my birthday.
I got a big shiny one!
Emerald cut...
It's absolutely stunning!
See:

Okay, so I can't wear it, but I love it!

Here's the whole story.
I like rocks.
Big rocks.
I saw this one on the side of the road earlier in the year. I wanted that rock. It was too heavy for me to lift, to I asked Mr. and #1 to get it for me. They passed it every day for months. Yesterday, they stopped and got it for me. I'm one lucky girl!!
I'm going to paint something on it and put it near my front steps. I'll show you when I get it done. It might take a while so don't hold your breath!!

8 comments:

craziequeen said...

We've got a rock too. Its name is Fred. What's your rock called?

:-)

cq

Melli said...

Am I SUPPOSED to see a picture here?
... i wish i had a rock...

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! You're easy to buy for, aren't you?

Renee Nefe said...

My MIL has a rock similar to that...with a funny story. BIL #1 & BIL #2 were walking through her neighborhood one day (back when it was still underconstruction) and they found this really big rock. They thought that they would be funny and put this rock in their parent's front garden. Well the lugg the thing there and are thinking that they'll have to lugg it back out of there when MIL loves it. It's been there ever since with a place of honor. I think that we would miss it if it ever were to go a way. LOL

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got what you wanted.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it!

MaR said...

You rock!!

Susan said...

I LOVE your rock...

My Grandparents had a "round rock". It was (and is) perfectly round like a ball. My brother has it now and everyone loves looking at it.

I think this is going to be great when you paint on it. Do remember to share it, OK?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

:-) Susan

Clearlykels said...

Ha ha ha ha-- Oh man, this explains so much!