Sunday, July 26, 2009

Quick Update

I have yet to hear from LLB's camp director, but I did speak with her counselor about the private lesson teacher. It seems that this teacher was nasty to more than one student and will not be back next year. Other parents resented paying $60 for an hour lesson and having their kids belittled. Considering there were only 4 trumpets - I'm thinking that there must have been 4 very unhappy parents to cause such a ruckus...

FYI: LLB is not a complainer 0r an excuse maker. Her brother - he's got that franchise. LLB can take her lumps and does from her regular private trumpet teacher. But if I'm paying $60 - $1 per minute - for a lesson, I expect the teacher to give a little. I also don't expect him to jump all over her and then give her a lecture on why he knows what tired is... That's a waste of my hard earned cash and her time. LLB went into those extra lessons ready to learn - she knew how expensive they were. You have to remember LLB had been playing for 5 to 6 hours a day for a week and a half. That's a lot of playing when you consider that during the school year she probably played an hour and a half at most per day and the time was chopped up - 40 min in school during the day and the rest at night.

I'm no helicopter parent - unless I feel that my children have been treated unfairly. Believe me... when my kid calls me upset because some teacher belittled her - I do get my knickers in a twist.

No comments: