Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday Memories



Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you About LLB and the Handsome Prince?


Okay - this isn't really my memory, but it's my take -- with a little help from the Handsome Prince's mother -- on how LLB got her date to the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

It was Thursday. LLB had ballet. I had bells. She got dropped off early to read a book and wait for her class to start. Her friend The Handsome Prince was not there when she arrived. She did her thing and when the class before hers was released from the studio, she went in to put her ballet slippers on and chat with the other girls.

The Handsome Prince arrived and asked his mother if LLB was there. She assured him that LLB was probably in the studio and to go say hello. He did. LLB was chatting with her friends and didn't see or hear him. He came out and told his mom that she didn't hear him. She told him to just go on in and say hi.

This is what I get from LLB. The Handsome Prince came in to say hello. She mustered all her courage and asked him if he would like to accompany her to the Sadie Hawkins dance as "Just Friends". His answer was, "umm... maybe. I'll let you know." LLB thought that was a fair answer because we all have to check with parents to make sure we don't have appointments and such.

Fast forward to Saturday. I was chatting with the Handsome Prince's mom while we waited for the girls to finish their jazz class. I asked her if she'd heard that LLB had asked the Handsome Prince to the dance. She had not. We giggled as I told her his answer and she filled in the Thursday evening hellos for me. Later that afternoon the phone rang. I have caller ID. I noticed that it was the Handsome Prince's phone number. I answered, "Hello."
I heard - silence... I knew it had to be the Handsome Prince.
I said, "Hello?"
HP says, "Ummm.. who is this?"
I smile... I say, "This is the Ladybug. May I ask who is calling."
HP says, "Umm.. It's HP. Is LLB there?"
I say, "Sure. Let me get her for you."
I call for LLB. (I did not use my loud fishwifey voice. I was very pleasant. I don't want to scare our HP away!)
LLB says, "Hello."
HP says, "Hi. It's HP."
LLB says, "Well, what did you decide?" (Nothing like getting right to the point...)
I hear LLB say, "That's great. I'll see you at school, k?"
She hangs up and the next thing I know she's jumping around the kitchen. I ask her his answer - Like I don't know.
"Mom! He said YES!"
She's thrilled.

The dance is Friday. I'll let you know what happens as soon as I know. Am I chaperoning that dance? You bet! Is HP's mom chaperoning that dance? Probably...


Click here for the Monday Memories Code, Blogroll, Graphics, & Other Information





Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!

8 comments:

Jane said...

That is so sweet. I can't wait to hear how it all goes! Take pictures too if you can.

YellowRose said...

Awww, that is so cute!!! Isn't it fun? Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kim said...

awww, I just love this kind of stuff. I hope you all have a great time and your faces hurt from smiling so much!

Renee Nefe said...

too cute! We never had any Sadie Hawkins dances when I was in school...bummer. Of course I'm thinking that I might have gotten turned down if I had asked.

Just D said...

Awwww... how sweet! I'm so glad he said yes and that you get to chaperone to see it all! What a treasurey of memories someday!

Sparky Duck said...

Awesome story, young love is so cute

Lazy Daisy said...

Awww....great news. I love a story with a good ending.

Katherine said...

Yay for LLB! I hope it's lots of fun, can't wait to hear about it. :)