Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things LadyBug Is Thinking About Today


1. I think I may have double booked myself. LLB has a field trip to the Kennedy Center. It may be the same day that we leave for our handbell festival in Richmond... I'm afraid to check the dates.

2. The ladybugs are back at the crossing. Some got in, but Mr. Bug sucked them up with the vacuum.

3. Ladybugs stink when you smoosh them. They stink when you suck them up in the vacuum. Our vacuum is now in the garage because it smells like ladybugs. I'll empty the bag later...

4. My tummy was gurgling so loudly this morning that the cat thought I was purring at her.

5. LLB has red itchy eyes. It's not pinkeye. It's not goopy. I can't wait to see what she looks like today...

6. The children have a Halloween Dance tomorrow after school. LLB needs a costume. Any ideas? I'm looking for super duper simple folks!

7. #1 Son takes private sax lessons. His new music is a jazz version of Funny Valentine. I can't wait to hear it!

8. LLB is starting trumpet lessons next week. She's very excited.

9. Today is #1 Son's last football game. YEAH!

10. #1 Son is having a birthday party sleepover on Saturday. I'm CRAZY!

11. 8 boys - 2 game systems - make your own pizza - cake and ice cream...

12. LLB is having her friend stay over with her - that's really what started the ball rolling. LLB and her friend were going to spend the night doing girly things and then I don't exactly know what happened... 2 QUIET girls ended up being 2 quiet girls and 8 LOUD boys. Don't worry - we'll keep them separate. Mr. Bug and I will be up all night playing scrabble if you want to join us.

13. Did I mention waffles and bacon for breakfast? Wanna come? Come on over! The more the merrier at this point!! If you need me after noontime on Sunday, you'll have to wait until Monday. I'll be sleeping on the couch in front of my tv.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Jodi said...

Great list! Have fun with the sleepover. And I never knew ladybugs stink when smooshed!! My TT is up, stop on by.

Happy Thursday!!

Shannon said...

You sound busy! Hang in there.

Have a fab Thursday!

Jane said...

Oh my, all those boys.....I'll say a little prayer for you!
Have a great day.

Melanie said...

Wow 10 kids on one night. You are a BRAVE, BRAVE soul! Youi must report back sometime after your long nap on Sunday to let us know you made it through!

Anonymous said...

I'm being a cereal killer! Going to have 2 boxes of cereal with plastic butter knives stuck through them- one on front, one on back. :)

ribbiticus said...

great list! mine's up! ;)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes, I know I told you that you were busy and YES I know I am very BUSY right now too. I guess that is why I am misplacing things and just wishing that this party was over that next week was going smoothly with keeping the kids. I am trying not to dread keeping them. I just hope that my grandson obeys me!! He does not like to obey anyone except those at school!! He is 5 and well he is a boy with attitude problems!! I have the paddle that I used on his mommy and he knows that I know HOW to use it too.. Thanks for stopping my my TT...Have a great day keeping yourself BUSY!! Sandy

Scribbit said...

Oh Andrew and I when we were first married threw all our extra cash into opera tickets for Turandot at the Kennedy Center. For $180 we thought we'd get smoking seats but they were in the back behind a column below the ability to see the superscripts properly. It was fun anyway, but your #1 reminded me of it.

Lazy Daisy said...

Oh my...What a busy bug you are. With a schedule like that make sure you have some time for you. Hugs!

Denise said...

I never noticed that LadyBugs stink. I've never paid attention, I guess. I learn something new every day.

Socks, Abby, Blackie, Dexter and Bonnie said...

we didnt get many lady bugs this year, not sure why, but they usually are thick as theives...they do stink when you smutch them

My list is up

Norma said...

This is my second or third visit. Can't seem to get it to take my comment.

My TT is up.