Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wordless Wordy Wednesday

So, I intended to paint...
But the (insert expletive here) pink wallpaper took 3+ hours to remove. I have removed all kinds of wallpaper in this house (and the last one) and it never took that long to remove that little bit of paper.

The wall paper was only on the bottom of the wall under the chair rail... It was so frustrating (read: I whined so much) that Mr. helped me out. That puky pink paper must have been installed by an overzealous paper hanger 21 years ago when the house was built. It was so stuck in a couple of places that I have to repair the wall!!!

Oh and did I mention that it also had some kind of a coating on it, because it had to come off in two layers. The pink layer and then the paper layer. You all remember that I don't DO wet paper... it's one of my "issues".

Fortunately, I have the sweetest husband in the world. He picked up all the wet paper for me.

We finished the paper stripping, wall washing, and cleaning up at 3:15 yesterday afternoon. The paint is currently sitting in cans on my kitchen counter.

1 comment:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Do we have to wait until next wednesday to see a pic of the finished room? I HATE wallpaper removal - but not as much as I hate wallpaper. LOL