Monday, September 17, 2007

What Not to Wear?

I am a casual person.

I like running pants (not those shiny ones, mind you). I like tennies - heels I can definitely live without. I like t-shirts. I love sweaters and turtlenecks. I purchase my shorts in the mens department because they are longer. I actually get a lot of my shirts and sweaters in the mens department - the quality is nicer, the colors are great, and they run a little longer so my middle is covered. (I don't like to bend over and feel a draft. I also don't like to reach for something and have my oh so attractive stomach peeking out. I like my shirts to reach to my hips or just above.)

In every week there is a Sunday. Imagine that? Sunday means church. Sunday means I need to dress in something other than my mens department bargains. Sunday, my friends, is my nemesis. I can do Sundays in the winter pretty well. I have a couple of pair of dress pants in my all time favorite color - black. I have some gorgeous sweaters that go great with my turtlenecks and my black pants. I even have some skirts and some dresses that I can swap in and out. But, when it comes right down to it, I have absolutely nothing to wear.

I'm sick of wearing the same old thing. But, I also have zero budget. Why? That's simple. I'd rather shop for the children, Mr., or the house because it's easier and far more fun. I can find all kinds of things for them. I also know if I purchase a pair of pants for Mr. or #1, they will fit. That is not the case with me. Sometimes an 8 fits. Sometimes a 10... sometimes even a 12 is what fits best. Jeans? Hah!! I haven't had a pair of jeans fit right since I was in my twenties and well before children. I think I must be shaped funny.

I definitely have a severe case of fashion envy... I want to be stylish like ClearlyKels. I want to shop in her closet. Every time I see her she's a total fashion plate - but she's not over the top. I want to be the fashion diva that MommaK is. That girl looks great anytime - anywhere. Heck, I'd be happy to have one quarter of the fashion sense that my dear friend R has. She's always put together -- right down to the jewelry. How do these girls do it? Is there a secret? I think I was absent the day they handed out the fashion sense...

I think you all need to sign me up for What Not to Wear, k? They'd have a field day with me!

4 comments:

Kim said...

LOL!

I was having the same thoughts this morning. I can't stand shopping, seriously, I avoid it at all costs. I could NEVER be described as fashionable. Ever.

Ever.

I have a panic attack any time I know I have to go someplace outside of my safety zone (my house) because I swear, nothing I own matches anything else I own. It's a challenge.

Thanks for the giggle, although I'm not sure that's what you intended to do...

Glad to know someone else in the world wears four different sizes.

Clearlykels said...

You are too funny! You always look great. I am going through my closet soon-- however, everythin I own would be too big on you, my dear.

Melli said...

UGH! I sO sympathize here! You and me BOTH kiddo! Gimme short and a t-shirt anytime... EVERYtime! I wouldn't know a fashion if it bit me on the ankle!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about that stuff. If you got two-three outfits that are good for church, then that should be plenty, given your pocketbook. Hardly anybody will remember what you wear. Just keep smiling.....