1. I just got back from a field trip to the Kennedy Center to see Madam Butterfly.
2. I have to get LLB to Ballet and me to bells by 6:30pm
3. LLB and I both have strep throat. I got new medicine yesterday...
4. #1 Son tried out for basketball this week. He didn't make the team.
5. We aren't too heartbroken about it because we have a lot of things going and this would have put us over the edge...
6. Tomorrow is the handbell festival in Richmond.
7. I'm not even ready to be packed.
8. Do you have any idea how much equipment I have to move tomorrow?
9. Can you say tons of equipment? It's all heavy. Nothing is light...
10. I have one parent who backed out of the festival trip on Monday. Then she decided that she wanted her child in with another mom who already had a full room. I got adjoining rooms and put some other responsible girls in with her child. The mother isn't happy. She wants the child to have a room all to herself. Not happening! She seems to think that her $40 room fee covers the cost of the room. HAH!! That's pretty funny...
11. I have to share my room with LLB. The parents want to know how come I don't have more kids in my room. I don't count as a chaperone. I'm the teacher. The teacher who isn't getting paid to go on this trip. The teacher who has strep who should be staying home. The teacher who foolishly thought that these parents would be more thankful that I'm giving their kids this opportunity.
12. Will I go next year? Probably...
13. Why? Selective amnesia.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
How fun! A handbell festival! As a former teacher/chaperone, it's hard work. I think you should get paid just to go and have your own room. Sometimes those parents can't see past their own perfect child and realize there are a bunch of other people out there. Happy Thursday!
Ack, can I say you are way too kind!! I really hope you told all the whiny mothers exactly what you said in #11 when they complained. Unreal! Ask them if they'd like to teach - for free.
Get well soon and enjoy the festival! :)
LOL, I think selective amnesia is the reason most things happen! :)
Post a Comment