Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things LadyBug Is Thinking About Today


1. Last night was #1 Son and LLB's Winter Band Concert at school.

2. LLB had her first solo ever! She nailed it! She is a tiny little thing who gets huge sound out of her trumpet. The audience went wild when she finished... it was really cool! Needless to say, she was still glowing this morning.

3. #1 Son played a duet with a buddy. It was beautiful - #1 Son played alto sax and his buddy played tenor. They did a terrific job!

4. My middle school handbell group is playing outside on Saturday for the local Christmas festival. The kids are excited! The parents are game. Life is good!

5. One of the moms purchased Santa hats and elf hats for the kids. Wasn't that sweet??

6. The same mom is bringing cocoa and snacks for the kids when they are done ringing. She also got the school to purchase a banner for us to hang so everyone knows who these kids are and where they are from. I think this mom deserves a prize! She's terrific!

7. The electric company is trying to convince us to put up 15 story high voltage lines right through our rural community so they can sell power to NY. Umm... NO. Not interested, thankyouverymuch.

8. The lines would be about 5000 feet from my house. That sounds like a long way until you realize that a mile is 5280 feet. Now I'm really not interested.

9. I am so NOT into these power lines that I actually put a sign up on my property next to the street. I never ever put signs up for anything - ever. Mr. Bug is so NOT into it that he put a bumper sticker on his car. This is big, people. This is very big.

10. I hope to finish my Christmas cards today as well as addressing the invitations to our Open House. Wanna come? Let me know and I'll put you on the list!

11. I think I may start some present wrapping soon... I have to sort my loot and check on the paper/ribbon/bow/tape situation before I begin.

12. I also have to make a bazillion pizelles. I'm giving those as gifts this year... Any ideas on how I should wrap them to avoid breakage?

13. The Grandbugs are starting out on their voyage to Northern VA on Monday. Pray for no snow!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations to LLB and #1 son. I know you and Mr. Bug were beaming with pride. My oldest son played the alto sax. I always enjoyed it.
You are a busy lady, have a great open house.
As far as the wrapping pizelles....the only thing I can think of is bubble wrap them!!! Would that work?
My T13 is up.

Carmen said...

i play the alto sax, too!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you about not wanting the powerlines in your backyard. From an enviromentalist perspective, it can fragment habitat that is sorely needed by birds and other small mammals. Not to mention the eyesore you will have to look at every day. Ugh.

I need to get going on my Christmas cards.

The santa and elf hats sound adorable for the kids.

My 13 are up.

Anonymous said...

When you have a Mom that helps out, it makes it so nice!

Happy TT :-)

Domestic Goddess said...

ok, what is a pizelle?

Katherine said...

Hello!! Totally forgot it was Thursday - I mean I REALLY thought today was Wed. Gah! At least Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. Anyway, just made about 120 pizzelles last night - too funny. In my experience, tins are the best way to go. My mom always had big coffee tins and those were a perfect fit - we'd put wrapping paper around them and a bow on top. You can find tupperware that size and still put a bow on top. I've also been able to find the big round tins that will fit 3 short stacks of pizzelles in them. Hey, email me if you want to exchange recipes. Mine is from my Grandma (Italian) and I'd be curious to see how it compares to others... Oh, yay for #1 son and LLB with the concert!!

Amy said...

what is a pizelle? i started wrapping this week and am about half way done...i don't blame you about the poles..i wouldn't want them either!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get done what you wanted to today.

It's sleeting in North Texas right now. Weird how yesterday, we were cranking up our A/C because it was hot.

Leanne said...

My girlfriends sister also plays trumpet and is a natural! Good for your LLB!

I would love to come to your open house, I wish I lived closer!

How dumb am I - what is a pizelle???

Unknown said...

I don't know what a pizelle is either. I'm here upping your comment count. Thanks you so much for joining up!

Renee Nefe said...

I've always seen pizelles just stacked and wrapped in plastic wrap with a bow on top. I don't know if they make it or not.

Congrats on the music solo! Way to go LLB!

I need to get my Christmas card/collage finished and off to the printers. I make a yearly collage of pictures of what we did. The family loves it.

Sparky Duck said...

Way to go #1 son and LLB!

I love bell choir concerts, so that should be fun too.

The only good news I have about this power line thing is that maybe it will take them forever to really decide what to do. There has been talking about expanding a major thoroughfare through some residential communities here, and its been 10 years since the plan was announced and still nothing has happened.