Monday, December 22, 2008

Zeb's Vacation

Zebbie is getting ready to leave for his Christmas vacation destination - West Virginia. He will spend his time in the lap of luxury at my friend B's house. She is an animal lover to the extreme. He will spend his days running on the farm chasing Arabian horses or lounging by the fire surrounded by a myriad of cats and 2 senior dogs. Who could ask for more?

I chatted with her yesterday about Zebbie's likes and dislikes, his feeding and pooping schedule, his vet (which he will not need), and his bed/crate situation. She has a crate for him to use, but wanted to be sure that it was the right size. LOL! She's hysterical! He can sleep anywhere!

Needless to say, Zeb will be picked up this evening and chauffeured to his temporary digs. I will pack his bag today - his stocking - which I have filled, his food, his bowls, his bed, his stuffed animals, and his bones. Yes, the dog is spoiled... rotten.

But, I have a dilemma.
This friend, who is taking my dog for a week, will not allow me to pay her. She needs the money. She told me that if I paid her, she would never talk to me or take Zeb again. I can't have that!! So - any ideas?

No comments: