Sunday, January 31, 2010

Math

Is not my favorite subject.
And I've got 3 math classes to prep for.
Yes, I'm thrilled.... (ummm - not really.)

Surface area and volume of Pyramids, Prisms, Cones, and Cylinders are what we are working on right now.
If any of you out there have some worksheets - and are willing to share - It would be great. I've been scouring the internet looking for some and have come up with a few. I'd really like some more... (I refuse to pay to join a website that will give me worksheets - I AM just a sub, after all.)

We will work problems on the board, in our sleep, and for homework... What they really need is practice. And this is why I need a LOT of worksheets.

I've decided to implement an extra credit problem once a week. It will not be easy. If they complete it correctly by Friday, I will add 10 points to their weekly homework grade. If they try it but get it wrong, they will get 5 points for the attempt. 10 points is 10 points, right?

1 comment:

marylou said...

Considering the lack of comments, there are a lot of us who don't consider math their favorite subject :-)