Sunday, March 21, 2021

Phew!

I rang a duet with Linda this morning. We did great! My hands only shook a little bit. 
I made one mistake, which I think is really good considering I put a bell down in the wrong spot! There were no clangs, no drops, no swearing, and no getting lost! I enjoy ringing with Linda! She’s a consummate professional and is absolute grace under pressure. And now that it’s over, I can say, “Phew”. We all sang for the service and we sounded pretty good considering we only got about 15 minutes of rehearsal and most of us are foghorns in disguise. 

After church, I rang a duet with Pam which we taped for the Leeds Children’s Stations of the Cross that will be broadcast on Good Friday. We played it through and taped it a few times - thus we made no mistakes and we had such a great time ringing! I love playing and since it wasn’t a “one and done”, there’s far less pressure. It’s a far more relaxed atmosphere. 

The combined bells will be ringing for Palm Sunday. We have two very easy pieces and a few fun ringers including LLB. Again - so much fun! 

This afternoon we are hanging out and relaxing. Well, Mr was supposed to vegetate on the couch, but he is outside putting the wood rack away and picking up because the sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day.  I’m thinking about making another blanket or a shawl... and I’ve got the TV on and my feet up. 

No comments: