Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Waiting...

LLB didn't feel all that great yesterday, so I made an appointment with the doctor and took her in.
This meant that Mr. had to get #1. #1's practice was due to end between 5:15 and 5:30.
Our appointment was a double booking at 3:45. I figured we would be seen around 4:30.
I had to be in town for my bell rehearsal at 6:30. We figured we could meet for the pizza special and have dinner - you know... 45 min of family time before we headed out to our respective meetings and rehearsals.

At 4:45 they put us in a room.
At 5:10 they pulled us out and stuck an emergency patient in our room.
Now, I understand that emergencies happen... The girl was doubled over in pain and she was crying hysterically. (My guess: Appendicitis or some sort of withdrawal or ectopic pregnancy --- but we will never know.)

We sat in the hallway until 5:30 - I called Mr. at this point. #1 still hadn't come out of practice. Mr. was starting to worry that we wouldn't get to eat dinner together. We do anything we can to eat together and connect every day. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't.

At 5:35 they put us in another room.
At 5:40, the doctor came in. He was very thorough.
I was worried that LLB's teeny tiny sinuses were clogged.
He was as well.
He stuck a light up in there and turned off the over head lights.
No light shone through... nothing... nada.
The kid is totally blocked.
She is not in pain.
You and I would be screaming...

He gave us our prescription and sent us on our way.
At 5:55 I called Mr. and told him we were on our way. #1 had just come out of practice. We were cutting it really close!!
We arrived in town at 6:10.
I handed LLB off to Mr. and ate about 25 french fries (Sorry, R!!)
It wasn't the 45 min. pizza meal we had planned, but it was better than nothing.

No comments: