Friday, July 18, 2008

Snacktivate, Baby!!

Snacktivate - what a great word!

It's right up my alley, too... it involves food and healthy snacking!! Two of my all time favorite things.

I got chosen by MomCentral to review this website. They sent me two boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats and a travel cereal bowl. The bowl is so cool! My husband thinks it's his... Well, actually, since he is the only person who carries breakfast with him, I guess it is his bowl. The bowl is actually two pieces. You freeze the bottom portion that is in the shape of a footed cup. When you are ready to leave the house, you fill that part with milk and screw it onto the bottom of the bowl. He puts his favorite cereal in the top, pops the cover (that came with its own built in spoon) on, and heads out. The milk stays cold until he is ready to eat. Mr. wasn't convinced it would work, but he said it works Grrreat! (Yes, he's a Tony the Tiger fan!)

Snacktivate is Kellogg's new site - it's filled with great ideas, recipes, nutrition information and more. I love the fact that you can download the brochures that are easy to read and understand. Since we are dealing with a pre-diabetic, this stuff sure is handy.

Head on over to the Snacktivate site and check it out... I'll wait.

I love the recipes. I can't wait to try some of them out on my kids. I know that some of these ideas are really for younger kids, but if I can get #1 to eat apples and granola, I'll try it! That apple cobbler looks delicious!! So do the snowman treats at the bottom of the page. Snowmen are a favorite around here, soo.. I'm sure they will be made as soon as LLB is home from summer camp!

The best thing about this web site is that it is easy to read, learn and understand. There are recipes for all ages, sizes and tastes. I think you'll find something you like over there!

No comments: