Thursday, July 31, 2008

Poop Happens

We were at the vet today waiting to get Zebbie's toenails clipped.
There was a big black lab on one side of the waiting room - slobbering everywhere and trying to pretend he was just a 150 pound puppy. Zeb was with LLB and me on the other side of the room.

The door to the exam room opened and a young woman came out with a baby on her hip and a teeny tiny dog on a leash.
The dog then proceeded to squat.
The young mom realized that the dog was getting ready to take a poop.
She frantically pulled at the leash to try to get the dog to stop.
"NO! OMG! Don't! Stop!"
LLB and I tried desperately not to gawk.
Zeb just watched from under LLB's chair.
The young woman pulled the teeny tiny dog - who was still squatting and pooping towards the door.
The poop - instead of being a teeny tiny pile - became a long drawn out affair... across the lobby.
The poor woman was mortified!
She continued to pull the squatting dog across the carpet and out the door, where he deposited one last log on the welcome mat.
LLB and I were hysterical! We could barely breathe we were laughing so hard... (What can I say? We have a sick sense of humor.)

The poor woman had to come back in to pay.
I would have made them bill me!

A friend of hers stuck her head out of the other exam room and said, "Hey! What's going on?"
"The dog just pooped all over the waiting room!"
"I didn't know you had a dog."
"I don't. It's my step mother's dog."

That did it.
LLB and I laughed so hard we almost left them a lovely little puddle to go with their log on the welcome mat.

No comments: