Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

 Thirteen things I’m pondering today...

1. Do I do chores or read a book I started? If I read, nothing else gets done, so the book will have to wait until bed time. 

2. How does laundry accumulate so fast? We are only two people in the house now. You’d think there’d be less laundry. I guess I’m not doing it every day like I was when the children were home, but some days it feels like it! 

3. I’m still working on the afghan. I’m on the second jumbo skein of yarn, so I might be almost 1/2 way! 


4. I love my new set of crochet hooks! If you crochet, you need a set. See the post below this one for the link! 

5. I enjoy having my tea in the mornings. I missed it a lot while I was on the weight loss portion of the plan. My new ladybug mug is the perfect shape and size! 


 6. I’m so thankful that Yellow Rose got her power back and is safe and warm in her home in TX. I am sure #1 was very worried - even though he knows she is quite capable. Yes, we will be gifting them a gas grill for their anniversary this year! No more power outages without a cooking source for them. 

7. Mr gets his second Covid vaccine on Monday. 

8. Because his vaccine center is where it is, we get to go to Costco and out to lunch! Woo! Yes, it’s the little things that make my day.

9. Mr will be going to Costco with me, so that means I don’t have to lift 40lbs of kitty litter into and out of the grocery cart! Like I said, it’s the little things. 

10. It looks like our choice of new priest is moving through the steps. We got the ok from the Diocese to proceed. We have a meeting tonight. Keep your fingers and toes crossed and those prayers ascending. 

11. Lunch today is Bang Bang Shrimp with zucchini noodles and sautéed mushrooms. The sauce is so simple: low fat thousand island dressing and sriracha sauce! Who knew?!  

12. I am learning a bell duet with our DOM. We aren’t professional, but we do try hard! 

13. Mr will be playing his guitar in church on Sunday. I will be there as well, because I’m reading. It’s nice to be able to worship together in the sanctuary. I just wish the rest of the church family could be there with us. Soon... they say... I’ll believe it when I see it. 

No comments: