Monday, August 25, 2008

Responsibility Project

I was contacted by Mom Central and asked to take a look at The Responsibility Project.

Liberty Mutual - my insurance company - has an advertising campaign going about responsibility and doing the right thing. I'm sure you've seen the ads... they are terrific. The response to the ad campaign was so good that Liberty decided to create this new web site - The Responsibility Project.

I love the site! It makes you think. It makes you talk.

They have short films that you can watch and then talk about with your children, your spouse, or your best friend. The films cover everything from making friends and being a good friend, to stopping thieves. This is terrific dinner conversation!! It's interesting what the kids really think.

There is also a blog link on the site. The blog is filled with different true stories about people and how they acted in different situations. We sat around and discussed some of these vignettes with our kids. The kids can often see both sides of the issue and are often far more forgiving than some of the commenters.

I think my favorite part of the whole site is the "What's Your Policy" page. You click on a word that completes the sentence: What is your idea of a responsible _____? You can choose from a long list of words from chef to friend to employee. From there you are brought to a list of definitions - you can even add your own. It is fun and thought provoking!!

This is exactly what I have come to expect as a long time customer of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. I have both auto and home insurance. I have had Liberty Mutual insurance since I learned how to drive at the age of 16. Their insurance professionals behind the desk, on the phone, and on the internet are responsible, professional, and courteous.

Integrity - that's what Liberty Mutual has. That's pretty unusual for a company these days.

No comments: