Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just one more thing...

There is always just one more thing... ever notice?

We weren't going to have the 8th grade reception after their awards ceremony. We really don't have a ton of money to be spending on cakes - and the kids really don't need one more sweet this week.

Alas, the best laid plans are often thwarted by the Principal... She has forgotten that the awards ceremony always runs late and the kids who have to take the bus are trying to get out. She has forgotten that the rest of us don't really want cake and we just want to get out of Dodge.... Some of us will have lunch out with friends at the local burger joint and that piece of cake just takes up valuable burger space in our tummies. The other thing she has forgotten is that I don't want to have to hang around and clean it all up... but, I will. It is my last job as PTO Queen...

So - today I will be getting the local supermarket to bake me 300 cupcakes instead of cake - and I'll get a big tub of C*untry T*me Lemonade. I will be hitting the dollar store for some plastic table cloths.

If the cupcakes are too expensive, I'll make a Costco run and just get 3 sheetcakes and plates and forget it.

No comments: