Sunday, December 17, 2006

Fa La La La La Laaaa

It's over!

The Nutcracker was a success! I have no idea how much money the ballet made, how many tickets were sold, how many tickets had a problem, or how many cookies I made... I just don't care. It's over and the kids did great - that's all that matters...

The kids were pooped last night, but the show went on and it was beautiful! #1's science teacher and his wife came to see the production. I hope they were impressed. #1 did a great job. He was magical. Our pastor and her family came to see the show as well. It was really neat!

After the show, we were allowed to take pictures of the kids in costume. It was pretty funny to hear all the mothers telling their respective kids to fix their costumes, change into the other one, fix that collar... At one point #1 just didn't get it, so another dad helped me out - he told #1 to fix his collar and -- Presto! #1 fixed his collar. That's all it took, everyone was telling everybody else's kid who wouldn't listen to his/her own parents what to do! Hey - it worked. We all got the pix we wanted and the kids looked presentable.

LLB was so tired she was almost in tears because someone got some water on her hideously ugly arabian costume. I looked right at her and said, "Who cares? It's ugly and it's water not coffee. Go change into something pretty." That snapped her out of it for a little while...

One of the parents is a professional photographer - I don't mean he takes portraits at JC Penney... I mean he shoots for National Geographic and other big names. Poor guy, his brand new camera died and the batteries he put in - according to the manual I might add - were (as the camera told him) incompatible. The ballet lady asked him to take a group picture. He was standing there with his wife's teeny tiny point and shoot digital. He looked almost embarrased. I handed him my Canon (with 5 shots left on it). He was snapping away and I hadn't taken my kids' pix yet. (Mr. Bug had our digital, so we were okay.) I mentioned that I didn't have another roll of film. He sheepishly handed me back the camera with one shot left. I gave it right back and told him the least he could do was to use the last shot to get one of just my kids for me. He did.

So, what's on the agenda for today?
Handbells in church. A party over at Momma K's with everone. A party over at my friend J's house -- just the girls. I best run and get my presents wrapped...

I'm still walking for comments. The two from yesterday won't take me to the mailbox, so I'll run the stairs twice.

13 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Okay I will try to send you one. I cannot seem to do it. I have tried and tried. Sandy

Leanne said...

I bet that photographer was embarassed! OMG! LOL - still, it sounds like everything was just wonderful.

I hope you are having a great time right now. Wish I were there with you guys!!

Unknown said...

How lucky to get a professional shot of your kids.

Unknown said...

Run another flight (please don't fall.)

Unknown said...

We need to get you to the mailbox

Unknown said...

I hope you're not a hermit now.

Unknown said...

Comment people, comment!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Now, if #1 could just take a starring role in "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer".... Great picture possibilities...

(Great post, Bug.)

Katherine said...

Get walking!! Oh, and could you wrap my presents, too. hee hee. I'm so glad the Nutcracker was such a huge success!

Unknown said...

Hello Ladybug!

Unknown said...

We have another exerciser for comments! Check it out over at my blog!

Susan said...

OK, hope you find this in time to walk...glad things went so well with the Nutcracker. What a special memory for your children (and you). I'm back to the blogging world...been absent for a little while. Glad to get caught up on life in VA!!

Melli said...

Sounds like alllllllll the hard work paid off! Congratulations to all!