Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's Christmas Eve...

Merry Christmas! -- Almost...

I just realized that I have been blogging about a year now. I started this thing because I was too lazy to write a Christmas letter. I figured if people wanted to keep up with our comings and goings, they could drop in and read throughout the year... It seems to have worked AND I have made a bunch of new friends in the process...

Our open house was a smashing success! We had a house full of people and they all seemed to have a terrific time. We got many compliments on the food - for which I could take little to no credit. Mr. made a wonderful chili. Grambug made the most wonderful Swedish meatballs ever! Her turkey - yumm - tender and juicy. Her ham - perfect... Her presentation was beautiful - right out of the pages of Southern Living or Martha. Basically, things haven't changed since I was a kid. I fetch. I pour. I do as I'm told. I carved the turkey. I put wine on the table. I generally stay out of the kitchen. I know my limitations. With a professional on the premises, I let her work her magic.

One couple arrived at 9:30 - they drove over an hour to get here and got stuck in traffic. They get the prize for traveling the farthest -- and staying the longest. They stayed until 11:30 - Momma K's guests still win the booby prize for staying too long!

A lot of people brought me gifts - I love that! I got some really beautiful things. I got a lovely white ornament with little tiny cardinals on it from my friend G. I got the best mug ever from my friend L. It can probably hold a whole pot of coffee! I got a gorgeous jingle bell wreath - I think that one came from my friend T. It had no name... The people next door gave us a beautiful snowman nutcracker. I have a lot of thankyou notes to write - that's for sure!! I did save one to open tomorrow - MommaK's. :-)

We were sitting around chatting with our last few guests when Grambug mentioned that she was mortified that she forgot to change her socks to her black nylons when she flew off to change before the party. I giggled and pulled up my black pants to expose my white socks! LOL!! The apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

So, what time are you getting up to open presents tomorrow? #1 is voting for an 8am start. It's really up to Grambug - she's the one who likes to sleep in...

Have a very Merry Christmas Eve, everyone.

1 comment:

Viamarie said...

May You And Your Family Have A Blessed Christmas!!!