Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

It's finally here!!

Merry Christmas!!

My nose is runny and I can't stop sneezing...

I hope Santa was as good to you as he was to us.

LLB and #1 received their very much desired Nintendo DS game systems -- pink for her and black for him. Is there anything better?? They were both very excited to get them and have already figured out how to communicate with each other. That would have been a wicked handy feature when Auntie and I were kids... Alas... youth is wasted on the young...

Auntie and Uncle sent great gifts - pottery for me and Gram, a metal detector for LLB, a Beer Can Chicken Head for Mr., slippers for Grandpa, and Legos for #1. She knows what we like!! We miss Auntie terribly, but we will get her for Christmas next year... This year she's off to the in-laws.

Mr. got to open the Magic Bag this year. (For those of you who are unfamiliar with the tradition of the Magic Bag - it's like this: There is a santa bag. There is one item in the bag. Anyone can guess what is in the bag but only the bag filler knows who gets the magic bag. On Christmas Day, after all the other presents have been opened, the Magic Bag is passed around for one last guess. The recipient is revealed and the present opened. ) This year the bag contained and Ipod Shuffle. Mr. Bug was shocked! Yup - made my day!!

Enjoy the rest of your day! I'm off to find my box of tissues...

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Merry Christmas! I'll post the after show later.

Susan said...

Love the Magic Bag idea...that's cool.

Hope you all have a wonderful "day after".

Susan

Just D said...

Oh happy day, I love being the giver of the perfect gift! This year I was the reciever tho'! Merry Merry, and a Happy New Year too!

Katherine said...

Ilove the Magic Bag tradition - such a great idea I'll have to steal it. Glad you had a good one!