Saturday, December 30, 2006

LLB Cooks


The other day LLB decided that she wanted some Ramen soup for lunch. We were going to eat a little later, so we told her that if she wanted it, she could make it. She has made it at least 100 times without incident - until now.

Let me set the scene for you: I was checking my email - yes just off the kitchen.

LLB got a bowl - a lovely green tupperware bowl - out and set it on the counter.

She went to the pantry and fetched a package of chicken ramen.

She opened the package over the bowl. Then she very precisely broke the noodles into her desired shape and lenght.

She very carefully poured the chicken flavor on top and tossed the whole thing into the microwave for 2 min. and 30 seconds.

Did you notice one very important ingredient is missing? Read it again... I'll wait.

When the microwave turned off, she opened the door - OMG!! The stench!!

Her comment: "Oh... I think I didn't do that quite right."

The bowl is smoking. Thick black smoke is billowing! LLB inspects her so called lunch.

I watch in fascination... my mouth agape. I laugh. I finally say, "LLB, quick, put it in the sink and fill it with water!"

"Ummm... I think that might be what I forgot."
"Really?"

Mr. Bug comes in at this moment and says, "Eeewww what stinks?"
LLB says, "My cooking - see?" and she shows him the bowl - with the blackend noodles now melted into the bowl.

He is impressed. He tosses the whole thing in the trash.
He says, "Who taught you how to cook? Your mother?"

3 comments:

Susan said...

That is funny...sounds like something my dh would say...and for that matter, that I would do!!! Another great memory to share around a table someday when she's older, right?

Have a Happy New Year!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yeap Water would have been a GREAT idea!! Sounds like my kind of cooking....Sandy

Melzie said...

hehe!! We never microwave it-- but I can so see this happening in our house! LOL!