Friday, December 29, 2006

Hey - It's Friday and I'm and Empress


This is probably the only time in my life that I'll ever come close to being royalty...


You are The Empress


Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.


The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.


The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.





So, now it's time for the Friday Feast:
Appetizer
How do you usually celebrate on New Year's Eve?

Actually, for a few years, friends of ours had a party at their house and wow - it sure was fun. We live a little bit too far to go to their house now, but I'm willing to bet that they are still partying on! Sometimes I eat until I'm stuffed and then I go to bed early because I'm so stuffed I can't stay awake... This year we are going to a friend's house for a bonfire.

Soup
Name one thing unexpected that happened to you in 2006.

Life is unexpected, isn't it? I got to meet Daisy and FlipFlop and Becki and Melli. That was a total blast!!

Salad
Where was your favorite place that you visited in 2006?

Hmmm... I guess I'd have to say our trip to Luray Caverns was the best

Main Course
What resolution is your top priority for 2007?
Resolution... hmmm.... I guess my top priority for 2007 is building up my nest egg. My financial planner is having a fit because I spent so much on the house last year. This year it's save save save.

Dessert
Using just three words, describe 2006.
Fun, busy, rewarding.

2 comments:

Just D said...

well, I would have to gag down a helping of that main course, but I'm sure it's one I need to take a few bites of! Happy 2007 Bug...

Crazy MomCat said...

Interesting, I'm a wheel of fortune card:

You are The Wheel of Fortune
Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success

The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.


Your ramen noodle story was hilarious too, by the way. I discovered 5,001 ways to prepare those when I was in college!