Friday, December 15, 2006

Feelin' Fried - Or Half Baked

Yes, it's Friday. I'm totally fried. I could use another couple hours of sleep. But, we all know that there is no rest for the wicked.

Here's my list of things to do before noon:

1. Make another couple of batches of pizelles.

2. Fix the Nutcracker will-call tickets. You know, make sure that the ballet lady has it all right and that she hasn't double booked any tix... Fun Fun Fun!

3. Make a poster for the You're A Star donation program.

4. Get to school for 11 or so for the teacher appreciation luncheon. I ran into the poor woman who is organizing the thing yesterday and she's so fried that she told me to dress festive. LOL!!

When I get home I have to iron up #1 Son's white shirt for tonight and make sure he has his whole costume together. He's Drosselmyer - a very good one, I might add.

I have to get some poster stuff together for LLB - she's got a project due on Tuesday.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I'm not sure...

We have one Nutcracker performance tonight. The kids were told to be there at 4:30. It's not happening. They will be there at 5:20. Not one second sooner. If the ballet lady were organized and did something with the kids when they arrived, maybe. But, she makes them sit around. I'm not rushing so they can sit. I have had enough.

Tomorrow morning they have a performance at 10:30. They are supposed to arrive at 8:30. Ummm... No. They are exhausted. They will sleep until 8. They will be there at 9:15.

Tomorrow night's performance should be the best one - if the kids can stay focused. I hope to get mine to take a nap - yes they are 11.5 and 14. Yes, I will tuck them in and hope they sleep. If all they do is listen to the radio or read a book, that will be fine...

On Sunday, I have a handbell performance. At least we don't have to show up until 10. I might have the Grandbugs bring the children with them at 11. (Heck, I might leave the kids home!) After that, the fun starts: It's party time, baby!! So, yes, I guess you could say there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. A fun one!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Good luck with all of that!! So, how does one "dress festive?" hee