Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas - I can see it!

I know you all think I've just drown in a sea of things to do, but I'm still treading and I can see Christmas.

This week has been totally crazy. We've had concerts, teacher appreciation lunches, trips to Costco and multiple pickups at school along with all the other regular things we do. To add to the craziness, a friend of mine and I are trying to win a t-shirt at Jazzercise. All we have to do is go 38 times between Dec. 1 and Dec. 31 combined. We have a few blocks left to fill in. We have become obsessed. It's a t-shirt... But we are both competitive and we WANT THE STUPID T-SHIRT! If you need me this morning, you know where to find me.

Today is a half day for both children - We are all ready for a school break, let me tell you!! LLB has a concert at school this morning. She will be playing her red trumpet (much to her music teacher's dismay...) #1 has a concert as well, but asked me not to attend as we saw it all last night. (I'm happy to oblige as I want the stupid t-shirt. I will be at LLB's concert because I can get my class in and still make it over to school.) We have a swim meet tonight for #1, Christmas Pageant for both children and bell rehearsal for Mr. and me tomorrow, the party to end all parties tomorrow evening, and the Pageant on Sunday. After that, I think I might be able to relax and enjoy... Although, I'm enjoying every minute of the busy-ness of the season. I'm pooped, but I wouldn't change any of it.

My sweet sister, Nicole, and her husband are flying in this afternoon. We will get to enjoy them for Christmas this year. They haven't spent Christmas with us as a couple yet, so we are happy to show John how Christmas is done. You know, the right way.

One of our traditions is the Magic Bag. A very special gift is placed in the bag. The bag is hung on a door knob where everyone can see it and touch it. You can squeeze it and feel it and make it your own, but you must NOT open it. The bag is squeezed and guessed at until Christmas Day. It's so much fun to try to figure out what is in it. There is usually one person who knows the recipient of the magic bag. That person is a secret until Christmas Day when he/she gives the bag to the recipient. This year the magic bag is even more special... It's truly magic!!

I'll tell you all about it on Christmas Day after the magic has happened.... I might even be able to include some pictures of the magic happening...

Another tradition we have is the opening of the stockings. We all sit together in our pajamas and open them. We compare. We swap. We chatter on and on about the insane quantity of tissue paper and tape used to wrap each and every item. John has no idea what he is in for this year!!

I'll fill you in on our escapades as the weekend progresses... come back and read all about it, k?

No comments: