Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rules are made

To be followed.

I wish that parents would teach their kids to respect others.

We had the last middle school dance of the year yesterday afternoon. The kids who bought tickets got to get their yearbooks early. That was a huge incentive to purchase a ticket - if you ask me.

There were 99 kids there - about 50 fewer than we expected, but since the PTO needs money, we'll take what we can get.

The 7th and 8th graders are usually the ones we need to watch. Their hormones are in overdrive and we can't have any issues if you know what I mean. This time it was not the older kids, it was the 6th graders. They were impossible! They were using cell phones left and right (not allowed in the school), being disrespectful to the volunteer adults present (talking back, being rude and using foul language), running around, and being just plain obnoxious to each other(pushing and shoving).

Needless to say, I've had enough. I don't much care if that group of kids ever have any special activities, new equipment, field trips, or picnics. Whenever they ask for anything for them, my answer is going to be "ummm... no". I don't want to use hard earned PTO money to give those kids squat - they certainly don't deserve it. As they move up to the 7th grade, I wish the teachers a whole lot of luck. They are going to need it.

No comments: