Monday, May 19, 2008

A Zebbie Story


Zeb has a basket with his toys in it.

He doesn't play with his toys very often, but he does check out his basket every now and then to see if there might be a treat in there.

This morning, he checked out his basket and discovered that his thoughtless parents put the kitten's toys in there when they were cleaning up for the party on Saturday.

He leaned over his basket and his eyes widened.
"What is this? Kitty toys in my basket?"
He sighed.
He reached in, grabbed the noisiest kitty toy, and tossed it.
It rattled as it landed on the other side of the family room.
He turned and looked at me.
"Mom... I don't do kitty toys in my basket. I don't like kitty toys. They are loud. I don't like noisy toys and you know it."

I laughed.
I do know that he doesn't like noisy toys.

Zeb does not think I'm funny nor does he think he was funny.
He is currently watching the kitten chase butterflies and trying to ignore me.

But, he's not THAT mad... I see him sneak a peek every now and then.

No comments: