Wednesday, June 04, 2008

He Hufffed and he puffed

And he blew the trees down.

We've been having wicked thunder, wind, tornadoes, and lightning. We are all snug at home safe and sound. Zeb is curled up around the toilet shaking like a leaf. The poor dog will definitely need therapy after this wacky weather!!

The buses made it home around the fallen trees. I followed LLB's bus and rescued her on the other side of the development. There is a huge tree down in the road cutting us off from the rest of the world. Fortunately, we have another exit and that one is clear.

Gram and Grandpa have no phone. But I do. (That's a first!!!)
None of us have 'real' power but we do have generator power. I'm so happy we put those in last year!! The propane was at 65% this afternoon, so we should be all set for a few days anyway.

We don't have hot water, but we have internet and TV. Life is good!!

Choices... I had to make choices when I put the generators in and I think I chose pretty darned well.

No comments: