Friday, June 27, 2008

It's Friday? Already?

I cannot believe that Friday is finally here!

Last night was the band camp concert. LLB played solos and a duet, danced on stage, and had an all around great time. #1 was rewarded for helping those last two days with a small stipend. I guess he ran his feet off yesterday. That is exactly what I like to hear! Busy children are less likely to get into trouble...

I spent yesterday doing laundry. I am caught up except for what we wore yesterday and for what I'm sure the children will make magically appear... I have no idea where they hoard dirty clothes. I even did the bedding yesterday and put it back on the beds. I just knew you'd be impressed by that!

Today #1 is sitting for a neighborhood kid. It's supposed to be hot as hades, so I'm sure they will spend their time playing video games... Ahh the life...

Mr. and I are going to a going away dinner for Clearly. She's got a new job and new digs down in the city. She keeps telling me that she will be coming home for her church commitments - Yeah... we'll see. Like she's going to pass up a weekend with her friends to do coffee hour. (I sure wouldn't!!) I know she's going to become one of them city slickers and get all cosmopolitan and stuff. I'm going to miss her so much, but she's young and hip and should not be out here in the sticks with us -- not yet anyway! Once she finds her prince charming and decides to have children, then she can settle down out here!

Today my errands include: Library to return some books, a hair cut for LLB - she's donating 10 inches to a worthy cause, and packing LLB for summer camp. Wish me luck.

My sister did the Friday Feast and it looked interesting so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon this week:
Appetizer
What is the weather like today where you live?

HOT and muggy - eewww!

Soup
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?

It's all about family with me...

Salad
What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?

Mostly curtains, but I leave them open. I like to see OUT!

Main Course
Name something that instantly cheers you up.

Family, dessert, an email from a friend

Dessert
How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?

I don't have time to hit the snooze. I've set the clock to ring at the very last possible second.

No comments: