Monday, July 09, 2018

Chirp.... chirp...

not birds, my friends... the dreaded smoke detector chirp...
I thought I heard something when I went to feed Mischief and Leo this morning. I’ll be honest, I wanted to ignore it until after my walk and my breakfast.
I guess the chirp was making Leo nuts! (Totally understandable.) He made sure I knew something wasn’t right. He came to get me and ran towards the dining room door. He sat in front of it and looked at me as if to say, “Lady, this thing is making noise and it is irritating! Please fix it!”
So, I procured a replacement battery as headed next door.Mischief and Leo sat at the dining room door looking through the glass - they wanted front row seats to this show, let me tell you!  Then I located the culprit, got the ladder out, and changed the battery. It is blissfully quiet. Leo is pleased. He can take a nap without the dreaded chirp interrupting his sleep every 90 seconds...

No comments: