Monday, February 25, 2008

It was a wild weekend...

Even when I was a college student, I wasn't much of a party animal. This weekend has been a series of parties. I'm thinkin' I'm gettin' too old for this stuff!

Saturday evening I picked up Clearly and headed off to MommaK's for a "Mommy Needs a Cocktail" party. OMG! What a blast! I only wish that the other bloggers had put their blog names on their name tags. I recognized a few. I had a lovely chat with "Why Mommy". She's simply wonderful!! I adore her. I also ran into some friends I hadn't seen in quite a while. It sure was nice to catch up!!

I got home from there early because I had to be up at 0 dark hundred to be at the church in town for bells. They played at the 8am service and they were wonderful, by the way! LLB didn't need to play, so she made the trip down for nothing, but she didn't mind keeping me company, so it was okay. From there we flew off to get some over priced gasoline, a gift card for HP, and a hashbrown and an iced coffee for me and LLB.

We went to see HP's confirmation at their church after a quick stop at home to put ice on Zebbie's injured foot/leg. (He was gimpy again on Saturday and by Sunday he wasn't walking at all. He is much better this morning... he was running to the door on all 4 feet.)

After HP's confirmation, we headed off to his house for a relaxing afternoon filled with great conversation and phenomenal food. The venison barbeque was to die for and the chocolate cake... just heavenly. (Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard - ahh the memory of it melting in my mouth!) Maybe I'll just drop by today to see if there are is any leftover chocolate cake. I'll even bring my own glass of milk - it was that good!

Upon arrival home, LLB played her trumpet and the Grandbugs dropped in for beer can chicken. We traded church stories. Between the two families we hit 3 different churches and 4 different services. I'd say we're were spiritually set for this week.

This week looks like it's stacking up to be another busy one. I'll keep you posted on our comings and goings... We've got bell rehearsals, band stuff, and our regular school stuff... It's a good thing we like to be busy.

No comments: