Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Year

My #1 turned 17 yesterday. The kids had a band competition, so we brought birthday cake for their dessert to celebrate. He enjoyed his very long day very much... 

It was a rainy - as in pouring rain - day, but by the time they walked onto the field, the weather had cleared.  (Unfortunately, the kids had unloaded the buses in the rain and were more than a little bit damp. The only saving grace was that it was a warm rain and not a cold rain.)

I got him an "airgram" that was announced over the loudspeaker before the band went on. He told me I could say anything I wanted... (silly boy!) I had them say: #1, Happy Birthday! Mommy loves you.  (That got an awww from the crowd.)

They scored higher than they ever have, they had 6 or 7 kids missing, and they did it with just one drum major! He had a good day with his friends. It was a little soggy, but he'll never forget it. He enjoyed every single minute of it.

No comments: