Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Random Dozen

I borrowed this from Melli because it looked fun.

1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
I'd say once a quarter...

2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? I made a scarf and then proceeded to lose it... classic!

3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
My little house in the country is just the right size. I'm working on getting it just right for us.

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
Swinging in the hammock or sitting by the fire - does that count?.

5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
No way. Eeewww!

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Drive - I'm the world's worst passenger and I'm not afraid to admit it.

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
Writing on my blog - although venting on my blog became a huge deal because someone made a snowball and gave it to someone else to throw... you know?

8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
I have slept through many a movie. As for books - if I'm not into it by page 150, I'll flip to the end to see if I might want to finish it.

9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
I love many songs that the rest of the world hates... it matters not. I like music that makes me happy.

10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
5.

11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
No - but I do prefer diet coke over diet pepsi.

12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I'd like to control the clutter in my house, but that's not working! I control no one, but people sure like to try to control me. One wants to control what I say and write when. Another gets upset when I speak with the principal as a parent - not as an officer. There are others who think I should keep quiet about a lot of things. BUT, my friends accept me and love me for who I am - a fiercely loyal, but quirky person who says what everyone else wishes they did.

No comments: