Monday, April 23, 2007

See That?

I'm nearsighted.
I wear glasses.
I wear them from the second I get up in the morning until I hit the pillow at night.
Except when I'm in the shower.
Nearsightedness is handy when I shave my armpits, but when I shave my legs - it's a problem.
The water is hot and the shower is steamy. It's so hot that when I emerge, I often resemble a lobster. I stick my foot up on the edge of the tub. I bend over. I still can't see my leg very clearly - never mind the hair. I shave.... I attempt to inspect. The farther I bend over to try to see, the more awkward I become. If I lean a little too far one way or another I end up with a face-full of water or I fall over, or both.
Shaving my legs by braille has become the norm.
I'm sure you are wondering why I don't just wear my glasses.... It's too steamy and they get so water spotted I can't see anything anyway
So, now that shorts weather is finally here, if you see that I've missed a patch - just ignore it... I'll get it next time.

10 comments:

Leanne said...

hahah! I do the same thing - shave by braille. It's hard for me to miss though - if my fingers run across something akin to a razor blade, I know I've missed a spot! LOL

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I do the same thing.

Clearlykels said...

Please, at this point I am just hoping that my white legs aren't reflecting too much light and blinding people.

Dixie said...

I hate shaving! If I could just get up the courage, I'd go get waxed.

MaR said...

We all miss a patch, don't we? with or without glasses!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well if it helps...as you get older you will have less and less hair to worry about but for now...do it before you get in the shower...WELL what an idea..Sandy

Unknown said...

We all have our little challenges. Good luck next shower.

Judy said...

That's one reason I have contacts! And.. even with that, I miss spots. When I lived in Brazil, waxing was cheap... and I loved it. Wish I could afford it here.

Melzie said...

Veet can be your friend. :) Seriously, love the stuff.

Uisce said...

I wear glasses for astigmatism and they got all wet from rain the other day, so I took them off. and unfortunately you can't *drive* by braille and so I actually backed into our barn door. yeah, that's bad. :/