Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things LadyBug Is Thinking About Today


1. My new handbells arrived at school yesterday! They are gorgeous! They sound as pretty as they look.

2. Our friends from New England came to visit on Sunday. It was so nice to see them again! We chatted and ate and the time went too fast.

3. This time of year is usually brings beautiful weather. Alas, our friends have been touring in wind gusts up to 50 mph, torrential rain, and cloudy days. I hope the sun comes out before they leave so that they can say it does get sunny and warm in DC.

4. The retreat this past weekend was wonderful. We played some great games, had some terrific food, and basically had fun just spending time with each other. It was nice to stop, sit, and chat.

5. Yesterday, I took lunch to my friend Janet who had knee replacement surgery. We ate chinese food, chatted, and watched the video of Episcopal Idol. She loved it!

6. I volunteer at our local library. I'm in the process of a major shift in J Fiction. I hope to get in there today to finish up - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

7. I want to finish up the shift because next week, many people will descend upon the library from the other county libraries to do a complete shelf read. We want them to shelf read J non-fiction. That's the hardest because there are a zillion books and they are all skinny.

8. They will shelf read non fiction only if the rest of the library looks like it has already been read. Let me tell you - J fiction is almost perfect.... It will be perfect when I'm done - I shelf read and shift at the same time. Aren't I the best volunteer???

9. LLB has her ballet exam on Saturday. I had requested Sunday because she also has a Solo and Ensemble Festival on Saturday. Did they listen? No. Am I scrambling? Yes.

10. I have to ask my friend, R, to take LLB to the ballet exam on Saturday because #1 also has his Solo and I can't be in two places at once. #1 plays in the PM. LLB's was also scheduled in the pm, but I begged the band director to change it for me.

11. This means two trips... One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Ahhh the things I do for my children.

12. I know you are wondering why Mr. doesn't do some driving this weekend... It's the church yard sale. He will be very busy selling all our junque.

13. This is the 3rd year I will be little to no help at the yard sale. I tried to keep it free. I really did. I got all the stuff together to bring to the yard sale. Think that counts? Nah.. me neither.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

Jane said...

OOH, I'm the first to comment! You are one busy ladybug. I remember the days of wishing I had a clone who could chauffeur one of the boys while I drove the other!!!
Take a deep breath and have a good day!

Clearlykels said...

I'm sad I missed the retreat-- but I was a bit miserable with strep throat. It sounds like you have lots of fun things happening! Busy, but fun.

Susan said...

Yep, you're a busy one! You're going to be like me when one of them is driving, you'll be SO thankful!! I love it and know I'm going to miss it when they are gone and I'm left with two young "non-drivers" again.

Have a great Thursday, Ladybug!!

:-) Susan

Kim said...

Oh great! Now I feel like a big lard ass who never helps out anything, ever. Crap. Now I have to go do something.

Uisce said...

oh why did you mention Chinese food? I'm trying to cut down! :)

Renee Nefe said...

wow! I think you might be trying to beat me in business! I hope you get everything done and don't stress about it.

I should be filing state sales tax report now, getting a girl scout meeting ready and getting ready for a homeschool information fair. Oh and laundry too and we need milk.

Unknown said...

Junque? that's what I'll be calling my stuff from now on.

Lucky you, got out of the yard sale again.

Sparky Duck said...

hey the weather their had to be better then the weather in New England last weekend.