Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's a Love - Hate Relationship

Snow...
Love it and hate it.
Love it in the winter.
Hate it in the spring.
Love it when I'm sledding.
Hate it when I'm driving.
Love it when everyone is safe and sound at home.
Hate it when one of us is out in it...

This is what I woke up to this morning...
Check out my poor little yellow tulips.
They have snow caps...
And they aren't even chocolate!

BTW: I started using Google Reader. Thanks to all of you who told me about it. It sure beats blogroll by a mile!!

But, like all things technological... I love it and I hate it.

I love it because I know instantly who has updated and I can read each post quickly - I just click right down the line. It takes very little effort, it loads fast, and I'm a lazy bum, so it's right up my alley!

I hate it because I have to click in to each individual blog to comment. I just want to comment from Reader. Why can't I do what I want?? I don't want to wait for the whole blog to load. Here I thought I was going to be saving time, but if I want to leave a comment... it saves me no time at all. It's kind of a bummer.

Basically, it comes down to this:
As a reader - I love it. As a person who loves comments - I hate it.

I guess I'll just have to deal...

3 comments:

Melli said...

The snow got my plum blossoms this morning too! I took pictures... but I haven't posted them yet!

I find that google reader DOES save me time - even though I have to click in to comment. 1) Because I don't comment on EVERY blog I read. 2) It saves me from visiting blogs that haven't been updated! So... there's that.

Susan said...

I haven't used Google Reader...gonna have to check into that. I think everything we choose is a trade-off.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well I did not know about google reader. I just use bloglines. I will have to see about this one. I figured you guys probably had snow because it is even cold down here in Savannah today..BURR!!
Sandy