Sunday, April 29, 2007

Simply Sunday

Today our lives slow down... to a dull roar...

We survived the spaghetti supper. The music was cheezy - okay, it was perfect. The ambiance was that of a little Italian bistro. The sauce was delicious! We made a little bit too much, but we'll sell it at church today. The left over pasta - all 24 boxes of it - is in my pantry along with the boxes I already had. I can have pasta every day for a month and still have some left over... If you get invited to The Crossing for dinner - you know what you're having -- Spaghetti!

LLB received word about her ballet exam - the one where she got the cut on her foot from something on their floor. She passed with honors. She never ceases to amaze me... To be honest with you, I didn't think she did all that well because of the thing in her foot... But, I guess it didn't matter. She's one tough cookie!!

Next weekend is the band competition at Hershey. Our 7th and 8th graders are playing. That means #1 will be playing his last middle school competition that day. LLB is in 6th grade. Guess what she's doing next weekend? She's playing too! (This means that both my children will be on the same stage.) Her band director decided to let her play - he was down a trumpet and she's really good. LLB found out on Thursday that she could participate. She was thrilled. I wasn't sure how she'd react, but she was tickled. That made me happy. She's been working all weekend to perfect the music. Some of it is hard - as in really hard - but she's got it down! I'm so proud of her! So is her brother... he told me so.

Life is good. Life is very very good.

1 comment:

Clearlykels said...

The dinner was awesome!!!!! I had a great time. ha ha, even when we got asked to give up our chairs.